Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wolves in the Throne Room - Celestial Lineage (Southern Lord Records)

Released earlier this year, Celestial Lineage is the 4th full length album from the Ambient Black Metal band, Wolves in the Throne Room.  I definitely am not not the world's biggest black metal fan but lately that has been starting to change a bit thanks to bands like Wolves.  Although this album received a lot of good professional reviews the ultimate selling point for me was discovering that one of my favorite record labels (Southern Lord) was releasing it.  I honestly don't think I have ever bought an album released by Southern Lord that I didn't like.  Anyways, if you dig black metal/ambient black metal or in general intelligently played music check this album out!  Fav tracks:  'Astral Blood' and 'Thuja Magus Imperium'. 

My Rating:  8 / 10


Astral Blood by Wolves in the Throne Room on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment