Friday, December 2, 2011

Melvins - Bullhead (Boner Records)

Before I say anything about the album I've chosen as 'pick of the day' I would like to note that my process for selecting an album is quite simple, an album that I have purchased somewhat recently and thoroughly enjoyed.  I enjoy having a bit of randomness in my life so when I pick an album to rate/review there is no specific reason for it except that I bought it, like it, and decided to blog about it.  :)

Bullhead, releasesd in 1991, is the 3rd full length album from the Sludge Metal/Grunge band Melvins.  I think the best way to convey the greatness of this album is to simply point out that one of the greatest metal/experimental bands of all time named themselves after track 1 entitled, 'Boris'.  Standout tracks for me are 'Zodiac' and 'If I had an Exorcism' but honestly you can't go wrong with any one of these slow sludgey masterpieces. 

My Rating: 10/10

If I Had an Exorcism by Melvins on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment