Monday, October 22, 2012

Acid Witch - Witchtanic Hallucinations (Razorback Recordings)

First off, I would like to apologize for the nearly one year gap between posts.  I guess you could say my job(s) took over my life.  Fear not, as I have been listening to more music than ever before! 

My first album of the day for 2012 is Acid Witch's second full length entitled, 'Witchtanic Hallucinations'.  I have known of this group for a while but have shyed away from them due to the media's categorization of them as 'Death Metal'.  While the vocals on this record are certainly Death Metal-esque, the music played could fall into several categories (i.e. Psychedelic, Doom Metal, etc.).  Anyways, outstanding album from a really cool band.  Check em out!

My Rating: 9.5 / 10

* Update (11/7): I'm changing my initial rating from 10 to 9.5 as I think I may have been focusing on a couple great songs.  The album kills but maybe not quite perfect 10. 


No comments:

Post a Comment