Monday, October 29, 2012

Cobalt - Eater of Birds (Profound Lore Records)

I hate when I miss updating my blog, but this past weekend was quite hectic.  I am going to make up for missing a few days by picking an album today that is so punishingly awesome I don't think words can do it justice.  I'm speaking of Cobalt's 2nd full length album entitled, 'Eater of Birds'.  Released in 2007, the album contains some of the most intense hardcore/black metal music this blogger has had the pleasure of hearing.  Whats even more remarkable is the bands successful transition to playing acoustic rock which occurs a few times throughout the album.  I tried to turn a couple friends of mine onto this band who are very into stoner/sludge/doom metal but it wasn't their cup of tea.  All I can say is, I don't typically get into black metal/hardcore but these guys got me hooked!
Fav. Tracks: 'Ulcerism', 'Eater of Birds'

My Rating: 10 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment