Monday, November 5, 2012

Eraas - Eraas (Felte Records)

Every once in a while I will purchase an album without knowing a single thing about the band, besides perhaps a similar band comparison.  Inevitably, this practice leads to me being let down about 50% of the time.  Eraas self-titled debut, released earlier this year, is an example of the opposite result.  I don't really know how to describe their sound, but the first band/artist that comes to mind for me is UNKLE, one of my all time favorite groups.  Basically, this album is a mix of dark ambient post-punk with various sound effects scattered about.  The album cover appears to be a scared astronaut which might be the best way to describe the overall feel of the album. 
Fav tracks:  'Crescent', & 'Skinning'

My Rating: 7.5 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment